But why have charcoal in it at all? Glad you asked. (Check out the recipe in the video below, too.)
Charcoal has been associated with many different health benefits:
- It can relieve gas and bloating.
- It’s great for detoxing your body from foreign agents like pesticides, mercury, fertilizer, and bleach because they bind to activated charcoal which helps them be eliminated quicker from your body.
- It’s a great cleanse for your digestive tract.
- It can reduce cholesterol and can be great for treating acne and body odor.
Sugar-free detox charcoal lemonade
- 8 cups water
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (I’d recommend anything besides agave. Honey, maple syrup or even coconut sugar would work just as well and be better for you.)
- ½ teaspoon activated charcoal
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large pitcher, combine the water, lemon juice, sweetener, and charcoal.
- Stir until combined or use your blender (gives it a really consistent mix).
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to drink and enjoy!