Fracking for oil and gas uses a wide range of chemicals that disrupt reproductive function in both sexes. Now an academic study has found a powerful correlation between stillbirth, miscarriage, birth defects, low sperm count, and exposure to fracking chemicals.
Exposure to Fracking Chemicals
We were unhappy, but not surprised, to be reading the Ecologist and come across this new scientific information.
From the Ecologist’s latest article that details the study that conclusively shows that fracking causing birth defects, miscarriages and a multitude of horrid side effects.
“In Glenwood Springs, Colorado, mothers have been suffering from an unusually high rate of miscarriage and stillbirths.
A newly published study has concluded that 70% of cases lived greater than 15 miles from an active well created as a result of fracking and directional drilling. The remaining 30% were between 5 to 8 miles from the nearest active well.
This link is not a coincidence. A major review study undertaken by Susan C. Nagel and colleagues at the University of Missouri emphasises (sic) the major health threat posed by fracking and other unconventional oil and natural gas operations (UOGs) – especially to pregnant women and would-be parents.”
It goes further than that. The articles goes on to say
“UOG operations release large amounts of reproductive, immunological, and neurological toxicants, carcinogens as well as endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) into the environment that may negatively affect human health”, the study warns.
The conclusion is clear: unconventional oil and natural gas operations pose a serious threat not only to the environment, but to our health and ability to have children.
“The studies show that humans can be harmed by these chemicals released from fracking”, Nagel said in an interview. “There is strong evidence of decreased semen quality in men, higher miscarriages in women and increased risk of birth defects in children.”
I’d written years ago about the connection of fracking and birth defects and miscarriages and the nay sayers came out in droves and said I was sensationalizing. Then Gasland the movie came out but still, they said it was “just a film” and wasn’t accurate.
Now maybe these scientific studies will make them think twice. The problem is fracking is encroaching on so many of us. We live in Florida but now they say they will begin fracking here in the Sunshine state too. Where can one get away from it? Too bad there aren’t enough remote islands for us to all go live on.
I’m fracking sick of fracking which is why we’ve gone solar with the house and cars. It’s time to find an alternative and use it. Not just for ourselves but for our planet, the animals, and future generations.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR AND FOUNDER of HEALTH NUT NEWS
Erin is an animal lover, rescuer, writer and long time green eco health nut. She loves sprinting and singing in the rain. She’s worked in the natural health world and eco world for nearly 25 years in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and a few small towns too. You can follow her here on Facebook and subscribe to her newsletter too!
PS. Sign up for her free ebook here on how she overcame Lyme and lost 30 lbs of fat and kept it off going on 2 years.
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is barely 4 years old, but cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. Erin was the recipient for the Doctors Who Rock "Truth in Journalism award for 2017. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, television appearances and more.
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Editor in Chief of world’s best known medical journal: Half of all the literature is false - February 23, 2018
- Live nasal flu vaccine back on CDC list of recommended vaccines - February 23, 2018
- Boost your cardiovascular health and fitness with regular sauna use - February 23, 2018
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.