According to a report published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology Letters, the packaging our food comes in could be negatively impacting our health; the report found fluorinated chemicals in one-third of the fast food packaging tested.
- Food contact paper fared the worst: 46% of all samples tested positive for fluorine
- Food contact paperboard was next: 20%, followed by other beverage containers at 16%
- 100% of non-contact paper, paper cups, and miscellaneous all tested negative for fluorine.
“These studies have found that the extent of migration depends on the temperature of the food, the type of food and how long the food is in contact with the paper. And it depends on which specific chemical is in the packaging.
The most studied of these substances (PFOSs and PFOAs) has been linked to kidney and testicular cancer, elevated cholesterol, decreased fertility, thyroid problems and changes in hormone functioning, as well as adverse developmental effects and decreased immune response in children.”
What should you do?
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is barely 4 years old, but cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. Erin was the recipient for the Doctors Who Rock "Truth in Journalism award for 2017. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, television appearances and more.
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Dental Dedication: Improve your oral health - January 15, 2018
- 84th Holistic Doctor Found Dead, Murdered in Home, Police Asking For Help - January 14, 2018
- Pennsylvania senator to introduce resolution calling congress to repeal the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act - January 12, 2018
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.