Holistic Doctor Death Series: Over 60 Dead In Just Over A Year
Editor’s note: VIDEO above isn’t current, but I’m updating daily. Sadly, we now have about 80 incidents in the series. We’re working on an update, which has been tough while doing constant media interviews along with moving.
The timeline will be updated shortly, with all doctors, photos, dates, links and more.
Dr. Mercola (my better half) and I knew many of these doctors- our hearts go out to their family and friends.
June 19, 2016, Father’s Day
On Father’s Day, one year ago, the beloved Jeffrey Bradstreet was found dead in a river with a gunshot wound to his chest.
I was honored to do the first interview with the Bradstreet family, and commend them for their bravery as they search for answers. They’ve hired private investigators and “want to get to the bottom of this”. Their investigators have concluded that Jeffrey Bradstreet didn’t commit suicide. He was murdered- without a doubt.
Other families are coming forward and have hired their own investigators, including Dr. Marshall’s wife, who’s an MD. Her investigator believes that her husband was murdered in a “set up” staged by someone in law enforcement or with military training (story linked in the timeline below).
More families are hiring investigators because they’re not buying the “official” accounts given by local law enforcement. A most prominent doctor has told me that their local law enforcement is considering the death and is talking with the FBI. That’s a start.
Since so many of these doctors (and the few researchers I included in this unintended series) were fathers, I wanted to honor them today, on Father’s Day. I finally agreed to be a producer on a film being made on the subject, but we still have a long way to go. You can watch the trailer here.
The more we share this tragedy with others, the better chance we have of making progress. The fact that any law enforcement is even talking to the FBI is encouraging. I appreciate the few media organizations who’ve had the guts to share these stories: the New York Times, (who wrote me requesting info), The Independent UK, and network affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) around the US. Most mainstream sites barely cover one doctor’s death, let alone the dozens we’ve had die this year, if we include mysterious accidents, murders, alleged suicides or unexplained sudden deaths.
As you’ll see in the timeline below, there are allegedly three dates within one month when two doctors died on the same day. That’s six doctors dying in pairs on three different days.
Some skeptics who rolled their eyes at the first few deaths are now wondering if a connection exists. There have been theories, from GcMAF to CBD oil, but I don’t think all doctors used both treatments. I’m not convinced either is the smoking gun, but one or both might hold part of the answer.
Several unsolved murders and some alleged suicides are still under investigation. I sincerely hope answers are found. We knew several of these amazing doctors personally. We need to know the truth.
Besides the fact that the majority were holistic, they shared another common theme—they all cared deeply and were passionate about health. I have a trove of emails from their friends, patients, neighbors, loved ones and family. They were adored by many. I hope they’re never forgotten, that others will carry on their work without living in fear.
These healers- some of whom were best-selling authors- were kind, caring people who’ve left this world a better place. I’m honored to have known them and am still studying their work today.
Sign up for the newsletter for more information and stay safe and strong. While it’s always good to be aware, I’ve learned that living in fear doesn’t help us at all.
See below for the official detailed timeline. NOTE: There’s often more than one doctor per # listed. Some paragraphs mention 8 deceased doctors in one single sentence with links. We’re at well over 50 at this point, several being researchers and a holistic board certified NP who worked with Dr. Bradstreet, but the rest are doctors.
1) June 19th, 2015 – Dr. Bradstreet, formerly of Florida and now practicing in Georgia, was found in a river with a gunshot wound to his chest. The town residents ruled the death as a suicide, but many have their doubts. That same day in Mexico, June 19th, 2015, three doctors traveling to the State Capital to deliver documents were reported missing. This is the only case outside of the U.S. Authorities said they recovered the bodies, but the families insist the bodies look nothing like their family members and are demanding more proof and testing. A sad but riveting article was written about those details, here. I also did an exclusive interview with the Bradstreet family. As they publicly said, I was the only journalist they trusted to talk with about the horrific incident.
2) June 21st, 2015 –Father’s Day, East Coast of Florida: Two chiropractors, Dr. Baron Holt and Dr. Bruce Hendendal, both fathers, are found dead. Dr. Hedendal also held a PhD in nutrition from Harvard. Both were presumably healthy and fit. There’s still no cause of death listed in any articles we find. A few people have contacted me about Dr. Hedendal, 67, but admit they were surprised by his death and still find it shocking. (Update: Family and loved ones of Dr. Hedendal have spoken to the media. They’re suspicious of his death and want answers. Interestingly, Dr. Holt, 33, lived in North Carolina, the state where Dr. Bradstreet’s body (the first doctor to be found) was discovered two days prior, though Dr. Holt was visiting Jacksonville, Florida when he died. Dr. Bradstreet (see story #1) was living in Georgia at the time of his death, and before that lived in the neighboring state of Florida. A few mutual friends of Dr. Holt have contacted me. They are doctors and have shared the cause of death with me. I find their conclusions shocking but can’t confirm their findings. Therefore, out of respect for the family, I won’t comment further. Dr. Baron Holt and Dr. Bruce Hendendal were well loved by their patients, community, friends and family.
3) June 29th, 2015 – Beloved holistic Theresa Sievers, MD, was found murdered in her home. Known as the “Mother Teresa of South Florida,” her husband and children were attending a family reunion in Connecticut when she was murdered. The authorities, investigating ‘around the clock’ for two weeks, now say she was targeted, that her murder wasn’t random nor was it a home invasion and that ‘books and movies will be written about it when the facts are revealed’. It’s that big of a story. On the very same day, June 29th, Jeffrey Whiteside, MD, a pulmonologist, went missing- walked away never to be seen again. Known for his successful treatment of lung cancer, Dr. Whiteside disappeared in Door County, Wisconsin, while vacationing with family. Numerous reports called it “mysterious”, saying he was on foot and vanished without a trace. Police have been searching for three weeks. Colleagues have joined in (along with bloodhounds, drones search parties and helicopters), but not a shred of evidence has surfaced. (UPDATE: Two arrests were made in the death of Teresa Sievers. One of the assailants called himself the “Hammer” on Facebook (Dr. Sievers was allegedly killed with a hammer). The other was one of her husband’s childhood friends who was recently extradited to Florida. His attorney says there’s evidence to show he had no involvement whatsoever with the crime. Her husband, Mark Sievers, hasn’t been arrested at this time.
4) July 3, 2015 – Patrick Fitzpatrick, MD goes missing while traveling from North Dakota to neighboring Montana, which he did often, as his son lives there. His truck and trailer were found on the side of the road. The search has expanded, but authorities say it’s as if he vanished into thin air. He’s 6′ tall and Irish-looking, with a goatee (details can be found in the links).
5) July 10th, 2015 – Lisa Riley, 34, DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is found in her home with a gunshot wound to her head. Her husband, who found her and called 911, has a police record. He was previously charged with the attempted murder of his ex, Ms. King, before charges were eventually dropped. Evidence showed gun residue found on Ms. King’s hand and not on Mr. Riley’s. Riley’s story corroborated this, but King’s allegedly didn’t and kept changing (click link in this paragraph for their story with details on all of this). Mr. Riley has since been charged with the death of his wife, Lisa Riley. We’ll see what happens in court.
6) July 19, 2015 – A month to the day after the first doctor (Jeff Bradstreet, MD) was found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest, Dr. Ron Schwartz was found murdered in his E. Coast Florida home. He was shot to death. We don’t know if he was holistic, but he was licensed and lived between Florida and Georgia. A gynecologist who lived in an unincorporated part of Jupiter, Florida on a few acres of land, reports indicate he ran an organic lawn service on the side.
7) July 21, 2015 – Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, a holistic MD, dies suddenly. The same day another holistic doctor is also found dead (see below). They both allegedly died of heart attacks, though their friends and family insist that doesn’t add up. I’d met Dr. Gonzalez and his amazing wife, and my better half has interviewed him several times. His official website says that while they initially thought it was a heart attack, his autopsy doesn’t show heart attack symptoms. They’re awaiting further tests. “Dr. Gonzalez was in excellent health, so his passing is quite unexpected.” Rumor says he was working with GcMAF, but his wife has clarified that he wasn’t. Other doctors rumored to have used GcMAF also state their relative had never used the treatment. The church at Dr. Gonzalez’ funeral in New York was packed with the patients he’d put in remission, some with stage IV pancreatic cancer, and who are still in remission decades later. People, including close friends, write me weekly, questioning the fact he died “naturally”. Dr. Gonzalez also said in several interviews, including the last one before he died, that he thought big pharma wanted him to get hit by a bus or that he might die suddenly. Frightening metaphors highlight this mystery, one we hope to solve soon.
8) July 21st, 2015 – Dr. Abdul Karim, an outspoken and loved holistic (biological) dentist, 41 years of age, is found dead alongside the road. He’d been preparing for a half-marathon and was allegedly out training that night. His old lifelong fraternity brother, friends and patients said he was in great shape and ate an extremely healthy diet. Mainstream news said he had a “massive heart attack”, but many who knew him have written to me, expressing their sincere doubts.
9) July 23, 2015- Authorities announce they’ve found the body of Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, who’d been missing for over three weeks. Chief Deputy Pat McCarty, in a news conference, said that a .22 caliber gun was recovered at the scene. Investigators believe the body was there for “some time”.
10) August 12, 2015 – Osteopath Mary Bovier is found slain to death in her home in Pennsylvania. Her significant other, who we’re told is also an osteopath, was questioned and released. There have been no further arrests and no other suspects.
11) August 18, 2015 – I report that Jeffrey Whiteside’s death is officially ruled as a suicide but the local press calls the investigation a “mess” (described here in detail). Many are shocked at how long it took for details to emerge, and many people write me, voicing their doubts. Local authorities asked the local press if they knew about my stories. They admitted they were aware of them but hadn’t been contacted by the feds on the case.
12) September 7, 2015 – I broke the news to the health community of 29 holistic doctors (also referred to in the German press as homeopaths/ND’s/psychiatrists) found poisoned by an overdose of a hallucinogenic drug. I’ve done several updates on the articles, using a German translator, but the story of what really happened has yet to be revealed. One thing most agree on is that it involved a large overdose. Mainstream German news reports that some were in “life threatening situations” when dozens of ambulances and a helicopter arrived at the chaotic scene. The good news? All lived and have allegedly made a full recovery, though some had to be temporarily restrained for their safety.
13) September 16, 2015 – I reported that our colleague, best selling author and holistic MD, Mitch Gaynor, was found dead outside his country home–an hour from Manhattan, where he practiced. We knew Dr. Gaynor and had just finished reading an advanced copy of his book he’d sent us. It was quickly ruled a suicide by the local sheriff. The NY Times wrote me, asking for details, and we had an informative exchange. Even though I’ve gently broken the news on this and many other stories, the NY Times fails to source me (I didn’t expect them to source HealthNutNews, though the Guardian UK and other mainstream sources have for some time). UPDATE: Mitch Gaynor, MD had been on RT not long before he died. We’d hoped to contact them for comment, but soon after Mitch was found dead, the founder of RT was found dead in his Washington DC hotel room.
14) Sunday October 11th – We announce that Dr Marie Paas is found dead of an alleged suicide. Well known for her animal advocacy, people on Marie Paas’s Facebook page were shocked and in disbelief about her death. Unlike the three other doctors who were alleged suicides (one has been officially confirmed), we don’t know the location of where Dr. Paas was found, nor the details of her alleged suicide.
15) October 29th, 2015- Jerome E. Block, M.D, jumped to his death from his Central Park West residence. Authorities say Block jumped from the 20th floor of his residence around 9:30 a.m. Details and video can be found here.
16) 2015 A dozen plus accidental deaths and freak accidents, mostly holistic doctors. Besides the 13 doctors covered thus far, who died non-accidental deaths, we have 5 chiropractor deaths that were accidents. We also have more deaths of doctors here: some described as freak accidents. Again, we didn’t include them in the official unintended series. We have the famous holistic ABC News doctor, Jamie Zimmerman, who allegedly slipped and fell and hit her head while on vacation in Hawaii, and who was then carried out to sea. We also have more accidental deaths of holistic doctors here in NY (accidental), and yet another here of a famous holistic MD. We literally can’t keep up at times, there are so many.
17) Late December 2015 – January 2016 I didn’t include PhD’s in the series (unless they were also an MD, DO or DC) but then, just these past few weeks, we learned of two Canadian PhD’s/researchers killed. One was stabbed in what his friends called a safe neighborhood. Another, a Ph.D. (wife and mother of two), was hit while jogging near the beach, and then buried in a shallow grave on the tourist island of Grenada. Days later, a holistic doctor and his assistant/wife were also attacked on that same tiny island (see #18). This is when we suddenly start noticing a spate of cancer researchers killed, which hadn’t happened previously. Now we have one every few days.
18) January 23, 2016- A top MD, John Marshall, 49, former 4th generation Marine who’d served in Afghanistan and had survival training, was found dead in the Spokane River. His body was recovered that day. He was said to be in great shape and was on his usual run. Authorities say he had somehow fallen into the river and drowned, and quickly concluded it was death by drowning. (UPDATE: Dr Marshall’s wife (also a doctor and surgeon) hired an investigator and is questioning the quick call by Seattle PD. Again, more families are questioning these deaths and what some find absurd rulings by authorities.
20) January 25th, 2016- Our own friend of ten long years, holistic doctor Rod Floyd, was found dead at his home in Florida. He lived a few miles from us. I’d visited their home and they’d visited mine. It was definitely not a suicide. His wife of 37 years says he was “hearty and healthy” and calls it an accident. That’s all I’ll elaborate for now, as even I don’t know all the details. Dr. Floyd did buy a sauna from me, but that wasn’t involved in his death, which I was initially told. Besides being a chiropractor, Dr. Floyd was also a clinical professor at Palmer Chiropractor College. He and his wife also ran the Natural Awakenings magazine for some time. Our entire community is shocked and saddened by his death.
21) January 26, 2016- Believe it or not but just a few short weeks later, a holistic MD and his wife (a physician’s assistant) were attacked by a sword wielding man while strolling a beach on the tiny island of Grenada. The holistic MD survived. His wife was raped and murdered by the machete wielding attacker. Both assailants in the attacks on the doctors in Grenada had recently been released from prison, and in both crimes, allegedly unrelated, the men nonchalantly turned themselves in. Some experts have their theories on why that happened. I won’t elaborate at this time. Grenada locals were shocked and said they’d never seen anything like this- let alone twice in a row.
22) January 28th, 2016- The new spate of cancer researchers/doctors killed or found dead doesn’t abate, and this one might be the strangest: Yet another cancer researcher, Professor Alan Clarke, 52, dressed in a rubber suit, was found dead in the woods, hanging from a tree on December 28th, 2015. His death is ruled accidental.
23) February 1, 2016- Just a week later, to the day, after losing our local friend and holistic doctor, Rod Floyd, we lost another friend from our holistic community. The wonderful, young Paige Adams FNP, B-C, who also lived up the road from us, was found dead in her home. She had worked closely for many years with her good friend and colleague Dr. Bradstreet, whose death started off this holistic series. Now we have his close friend and colleague found dead. This is particularly heartbreaking because she was so young. Paige Adams had asked to stop by our house to visit days before she died. I feel awful for not taking her up on that, and my heart goes out to her family and patients. She’s the only one in this series who’s not a doctor–DC, MD, DO–but she was a board certified Nurse Practitioner whose patients raved about her endlessly. She also stated publicly (which you’ll see in the link) that if anything happened to her, don’t assume it was an accident.
23) February 14, Valentine’s Day- Cancer HIV Researcher in Seattle- Cheryl Deboer is found dead in a culvert with a plastic bag over her head. Investigators quickly state there’s no evidence of homicide, but her mother and other relatives publicly state there’s no way she crawled 1.5 miles through brambles, water and mud to commit suicide in a culvert. They insist that if she’d have wanted to take her life (and listed plenty of reasons why she would not–a happy family and job at the famous cancer research lab), she would’ve found an easier way. The general public tends to agree with the family. Families are starting to question these ridiculous statements called so quickly by local authorities. Some are hiring their own investigators. Many are wondering if the local authorities are to be trusted.
24) February 21, 2016– Dr. Armon Anthony Bert, D.C., 56, was reported missing by his family and later found reclined in his car in the parking lot of a Kirkwood Lowes store, the “apparent’ victim of a heart attack. Dr. Bert received his master’s degree in mechanical engineering and worked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. He then attended school to become a chiropractor at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, and graduated in 2000. Armon worked for Dr. Bobb Chiropractic Center in Silvis from 2000 to 2008 before moving to Perryville, Missouri, where he Armon owned and operated Perryville Chiropractic Center for the past eight years.
25) Marcpast, 2016- Yet another cancer researcher is found dead in a field. He was only 34, and lived in a safe, quaint area in the countryside. Authorities quickly announce his death is ‘not suspicious’, but a public outcry follows, questioning their judgment. We still have zero answers as to his cause of death.
26) March 23, 2016- Wednesday, Triple homicide: Prominent Holistic doctor Henry Han is found murdered on his 7-acre Santa Barbara estate, along with his wife and five-year-old daughter. All were shot and wrapped in plastic. A young man with no priors and who lives with his father in Santa Barbara is arrested shortly after. His father was EX CIA. We will update as details emerge.
27) April 6, 2015- Dr. Harsch, 59, a self-described holistic medicine MD, was killed while riding his bicycle with a group of friends. He was the only one hit. See details here. (Editor’s note: Earlier in the series, we had another holistic doctor killed on a bicycle ride. Many of her friends and loved ones contacted me regarding their concerns and questioning her death.)
28) Last seen on February 12, 2016- Dr. Rose Polge, 25, apparently walked off her job, where she worked at Torbay Hospital in Devon, and went missing for almost two months. She’d allegedly written a letter to the Health Secretary concerning a political situation involving doctors at the hospital. Police later recovered her body from the sea, more than 50 miles away from where a hoodie (believed to belong to her) was found. There’s now an inquest into her death after post-mortem results proved inconclusive. 29) May 6th, 2016- A holistic doctor and well-known professor, Dr. Rasmussen, 76, was found dead in the Boston area. She taught natural health, nutrition and biology at a local university, and was found stabbed to death in her home. She was stabbed over 30 times. This case shouldn’t be confused with the case of Pennsylvania Osteopath Mary Bovier, also found stabbed to death in her home. No arrests have been made in either murder.
30) March 14th, 2016- One of the strangest cases yet is the one of holistic MD and acupuncturist Dr. Clogston, 68, who was missing three weeks and eventually found dead in his car, allegedly off the route some say he took to work for 30 years. The peculiar part is that Dr. Clogston went missing on March 14, was reported missing on March 15, but then seen by someone who “knew him well” according to local authorities (stating as much on news video). How then was he found dead weeks later in his car? Many would like to know. Researching about 40 mysterious deaths, I find this case one of the strangest.
31) May 6, 2016- Dr. Suutari, an outspoken holistic doctor in the Los Angeles area, who had a beautiful family and new-born child, allegedly took his life in his home garage on Mother’s Day. Here are what details we know of this sad death.
32) May 19, 2016- Prominent investigator hired by Dr. Marshall’s wife (also an MD and surgeon) states on CBS news that the “accidental death” of Dr. Marshall, the one I first reported on in January, is most likely a professionally staged murder by someone in the military or police. A must watch…
33) June 11, 2016- We discover that yet another holistic doctor has allegedly committed suicide. Dr. Alex Shvartsman, dentist and naturopathic doctor, killed himself at home over the weekend. We’re now hearing that he, Mitch Gaynor (MD) #11 in our series, and Nick Gonzalez MD (#8 or #9- we had two found dead that day) were all speaking at an event last fall that also included Steve “Sproutman”. Steve was killed in a strange car accident. We wrote about what happened, but didn’t include his case in the series. Dr. Gaynor allegedly took his own life, while Dr. Gonzalez allegedly had a heart attack. His wife then updated the public that it didn’t appear to be the case and that they couldn’t find a cause of death. Now Dr. Alex (allegedly) took his life. All in a matter of months. All of them spoke at the same Health Expo in the North East. This is breaking news I found out late Father’s Day night.
34) June 13th 2016- An arrest was made in the death of holistic doctor Mary Louise Yoder. The curious part is that Dr. Yoder died on or around July 22nd, 2015, a very busy week for holistic doctor deaths, and authorities quickly ruled she died of natural causes despite being uber healthy and only 60-years-old. I didn’t originally include her in the series since the authorities mistakenly said her death was of natural causes. We often have authorities make these quick calls only to find out they were false (why the rush officers?). For months, Yoder’s death was considered “natural” until reports said a family member demanded an investigation. In June, her employee, listed as her daughter on her obituary – they were that close, was arrested under suspicion she had poisoned DR. Yoder. The employee, only 23-years-old, said Yoder meant the world to her. We’ll keep you updated on this story if new details surface.
35) June 16, 2016- A man stormed into a holistic doctor’s office, shot the doctor and then turned the gun on himself – taking both their lives. A client walked in and saw them on the ground. A woman working there was screaming. The very next day (see #34), another man entered another holistic doctor’s office and killed the physician. These could be coincidence, but we report all mysterious murders/suicides/unexplained deaths of holistic doctors, so are including them in this recap.
36) June 17, 2016- Another man, wielding a knife, stormed into a holistic doctor’s office and stabbed the alternative MD to death. The victim was Dr. Tiejun Huang Ph.D./MD R.Ac, RMT, DTCM. Dr.. Huang was a sports medicine specialist at the Beijing Olympic Games, a professor of sports medicine and rehabilitation, and practiced acupuncture and Chinese “Tuina” massage. Read all the details here. Dr. Huang allegedly knew his assailant (authorities said immediately), but we had a holistic doctor gunned down by a man the day before (see #33), who they said knew his assailant too. Two holistic doctors murdered in their offices in two days does raise eyebrows.
37) July 7, 2016- In July, a well known holistic doctor/acupuncturist- Jenny Shi, 65- was found dead in her upscale Creekside Drive home in Palo Alto, CA. The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office found the cause of death to be multiple stab wounds. Shi, who had “business connections around the world”, owned several acupuncture clinics in the Bay Area, including one on Castro Street in Mountain View. She also worked as an executive with Keiretsu Forum, an angel investment and venture capital firm, and was a renowned business woman.
38) August 6, 2016– Born Alfredo Bowman in Honduras in 1933, Dr. Sebi studied herbal medicine from his grandmother. One of his claims to fame was his belief that rendering the body into an alkaline state makes it impossible for disease and ailments to exist. Dr. Sebi was jailed after being apprehended on charges of money laundering on May 28, 2016. At an unconfirmed date between June 3rd and August 6th, he reported severe health conditions from the filthy Honduran jail he was held in. Rushed to Vicente D’Antoni Hospital, he died in transit. HIS EXACT CONDITIONS OF DEATH AND ANY EVIDENCE OF FOUL PLAY ARE STILL UNKNOWN AND UNDER INVESTIGATION.
I’ll continue reporting on these stories despite death threats and being put on a hit list that was posted publicly. We think it’s fake but who makes up this stuff? I’ll be speaking on the subject at several events in 2017.
I don’t want other doctors to live in fear. Many have shut down their practice or hired bodyguards due to these reports. I understand it’s necessary to be aware and safe, but I hope those brave enough to work in holistic medicine will carry the torch and continue doing great work in memory of those we have lost over the last two years.
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is less than 2 years old but has already cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, free blenders, giveaways and more
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Jury awards $417M to a single plaintiff in lawsuit linking Johnson & Johnson talcum powder to the woman’s ovarian cancer - August 21, 2017
- CNN: Diplomats hit by ‘large’ sonic attacks causingnausea, headaches, hearing loss… - August 21, 2017
- Energy company shutting off power of residents opposed to smart meters - August 21, 2017
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.