I absolutely love avocados but if you aren’t super vigilant they can zoom past edible into disgusting. BUT, what if you could freeze them?!?!
Before you freeze them, you need to know if they are ripe and ready. So, check out the skin:
- bright green- it’s not ripe
- green & dark in patches- almost ready
- and if it has an even dark color- you are good to go.
Personally, I like to pop back the little button where it used to be connected to the tree and check out the color, if it’s bright green and the outside isn’t rock hard, you’ve got a winner!
- Amsterdam to Open Europe’s First All-Avocado Restaurant
- Vegan Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead of Eggs and Butter
What You Need:
Directions For FREEZING Avocados:
1. Cut ripe avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the inner flesh.
- Place scooped avocado in a food processor or blender.
2. Add fresh lemon juice into the food processor using this guideline:
- Large avocados will require 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, small avocados only 1 teaspoon.
- Lemon juice prevents the avocados from turning brown.
3. Blend the avocado and lemon juice mixture until smooth and creamy.
4. Scoop the avocado cream into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen, remove from the ice cube trays and store in a freezer bag.
Source: FitLife TV