Matcha, a type of green tea that is ground into a powder, is one of the most versatile superfoods. These vegan, gluten-free mini-cheesecakes make an incredibly delicious snack or dessert.
The cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy and the crust layer compliments it nicely with sweetness from the dates and a slight crunch from the walnuts.
- You’ll Never Want Candy Again After You Make This Pineapple-Date Bar
- Cinnamon Spiced Coffee with Coconut Milk- Long-Lasting Energy Without the Crash!
- Healthy Carrot Cake Protein Balls Recipes
You can make these cheesecakes ahead of time as they need 4-6 hours to set in the freezer and keep them on hand for a healthy, delicious dessert!
Mini Matcha Cheesecakes
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 9 Tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons of organic matcha powder
- If dates are dry, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes, strain.
- Place dates and walnuts into food processor, blend until a ball is formed.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Using 1 teaspoon, scoop the crust batter into muffin liners and gently press down.
- Next, combine all filling ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, adjust taste with more lemon, salt and/or maple syrup.
- Transfer the mini cheesecakes to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours until they set.
- Remove from the freezer and let them defrost for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from the following Minimalist Baker recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
*Article originally appeared at The Hearty Soul.
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is less than 2 years old but has already cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, free blenders, giveaways and more
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- ABC: Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan Wakes in Psych Ward after Failed Suicide. Now Has New Leash on Life - November 17, 2017
- New guidelines redefine high blood pressure, adding another 14 percent of Americans to unhealthy level - November 17, 2017
- Florida threatens holistic health coach with fines, jail for giving diet tips - November 17, 2017
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.