According to the Daily Mail, a man in London, England recently electrocuted himself and died, while he was charging his iPhone in the bathtub. Police Commissioner Craig Pattison initially considered it a suicide but upon arriving at the scene, concluded it was an accident:

“…but the cable wasn’t near the bath, it had been run there to charge a mobile phone. The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water.”

It’s been understood that the coroner, Dr. Sean Cummings, is planning to write a letter to Apple to ask them to attach warnings to their phones. Whether that happens or not, please understand that bringing an electronic device into the bath, while it’s plugged into an outlet and NOT GROUNDED, is unwise and unsafe.

Sadly, he wasn’t the first person to electrocute themselves while charging an iPhone, but let’s hope he is the last.

Source: BFR