As it starts to get colder, I don’t know about you but I start to want warm, delicious, comfort food. And after a long week (I know, it’s not even over yet) I normally want to chill out with something a little sweet. Like, a reward for finishing out the week strong. With that being said, meet my new best friend: gf, black bean brownies!
They are chewy and chocolatey and won’t make you feel terrible. They are totally guilt free and loaded with fiber, protein, iron, and magnesium!
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 vegan “eggs” (banana, applesauce or a flax egg) or regular eggs if you aren’t plant-based
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- Optional: add your favorite raw nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, combine and blend all ingredients together.
- Use coconut oil to grease an 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
Or, check out the video below!
1. Black Beans are high in protein and fiber, have a variety of phytonutrients (with antioxidant properties), and are full of iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc.
2. Coconut Oil is antimicrobial, antibacterial and has antifungal properties. It’s also an incredible source of medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and has antioxidant properties. Lastly, its lauric acid content increases your immunity to help you fight viruses and disease.
Enjoy these sweet treats that also pack a nutritious punch!