Can I ask you a simple question – have you ever heard of the Quenepa fruit, other wise know as Spanish lime? If your answer is no, you should definitely read the article below. In this article we are going to talk about the health benefits of this amazing fruit and you will learn about how this fruit will help you “fix” your sleeping problem and boost your brain function – in just few minutes.
Quenepa Fruit (Spanish lime)
Here’s what you need to know – the Spanish lime originates from the north part of South America and grows naturally in the coasts and also in the dry forests of Central America and also in the Caribbean. The Spanish lime has two tastes known to be sweet and also sour sometimes. People usually consume it with chili powder, salt and also lime. The experts say that this fruit is a mixture of lychee and also lime, contains a firm, delicate and has a hard layer which is eaten by splitting it up, historically with your teeth.
As we said, in the United States they are commonly referred to as Spanish Limes because they are similar to small sized, unripe limes. They are found to be in groups and are also sold in clusters only! Their skin is soft and has a leathery texture, their flesh commonly known as aril is jelly-like, shines from within and looks like a lychee! The aril seems to be very colorful with pulp enclosing the seeds of the fruit. You should also know that the aril is found in many colors such as orange and yellow, and it has both sweet and sour flavors.
Spanish Lime – Nutrition Facts
As we mentioned before, the Spanish lime is loaded with many healthy nutrients, such as:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12
- Amino acids
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic)
- Tannins etc.
First, you should know that the Spanish Lime contains high amounts of fiber, which means that it can help you in the reduction of cholesterol and avoiding constipation. The Vitamin A helps in strengthening the immune system and prevents the formation of urinary stones. This fruit also contains high amounts of Vitamin, which means that is has powerful antioxidant properties. The calcium content helps in keeping the teeth and also the bones healthier and it helps in the fight against cancer.
Phosphorous contents help in digestion and balancing the hormone levels in the body. The fruit aids in the reduction of blood pressure and also solves the complications of asthma, since the fruit contains a lot of antioxidant properties known to be the Phenolic Compounds helping in avoiding the cardiovascular disease, strengthens the immune system thus combats the strokes. You should also know that in many parts of the world, Spanish lime is considered to be the most powerful natural remedy, the first of its kind, widely used to prevent and combat a various conditions and diseases.
Healing Properties of Spanish Lime
- The Spanish lime will boost your immune system and prevents the buildup of viruses and bacteria in the body.
- The Spanish lime is highly recommended in cases of urinary or lung infections.
- As we said before, this super healthy fruit can help you cure insomnia and restore your nervous system.
- It will help you Improve your reproductive system, and it is especially recommended for pregnant woman.
- It is very effective in control the malignant cells spreading in patients with cancer. This is considered as a major and the most powerful Spanish lime benefit.
- It can help you treat and prevent kidney problems.
- The Spanish lime will improve your digestion.
- It can help you treat constipation.
- Increase red blood cells production and thus fights anemia.
- It can help you lower the LDL cholesterol levels.
- Kills the bad bacteria and microorganisms in the body, such as parasites.
- It supports bone development.
- You can use it to fight the cold and the flu.
- It is effective to treat skin problems such as acne.
- It also prevents stomach ulcers.
- The Spanish lime prevents bronchitis and flu.
- Helps in the treatment and healing process of gum infections.
- Roasted and ground Spanish lime seeds (mixed with honey) are extremely effective against diarrhea.
As you can see, this super healthy fruit is loaded with healthy nutrients and it can provide many health benefits! This means that you should definitely add it to your healthy diet! We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with you friends and family. Thank You and take care!
*Article originally appeared at Education of Soul.
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is less than 2 years old but has already cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, free blenders, giveaways and more
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Feds: Customs officers hazing included “rape table” at Newark airport - September 22, 2017
- Fracking regulations may have helped decrease earthquakes in Central U.S., Study Says - September 22, 2017
- Mounting evidence grows against diet soda - September 22, 2017
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.