EPA gets $2 billion settlement
Back in October of 2015, Florida fertilizer giant, Mosaic (yes that Mosaic) reached a settlement with the EPA (of nearly $2 billion) after the feds had accused them of improperly handling 60 billion pounds of hazardous waste (byproducts of phosphate mining that could AND DID seep into soil and groundwater).
Florida gripes about EPA
Any of this sounding familiar yet? Seems as if nothing has changed- Florida politicians still don’t care about protecting the environment. And Mosaic is still rotten to the core.
“For the past few years, Gov. Rick Scott and his fellow Cabinet officers have been on a campaign to get the EPA to butt out of Florida’s business.
Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam actually penned an op-ed a few years ago, titled: “We don’t need the EPA.”
Attorney General Pam Bondi sued the EPA, trying to stop the agency from mandating clean water in the Sunshine State. Gov. Rick Scott argued the same thing.”
Even back then, politicians were more concerned with cozying up to Mosaic than regulating them:
- Mosaic cut checks to candidates from both parties.
- The company sponsored summits and political gatherings, including Putnam’s “Fresh from Florida” breakfast at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
- One Mosaic rep was even caught paying $10,000 for a chocolate cake, at a county fair, baked by Putnam’s daughter.
After all that terrible behavior they still wanted the EPA out or to ignore what was going on because Florida was “perfectly capable of regulating pollution“. It seems that wasn’t true then and it certainly isn’t now.
Someone remind me, why is Scott still in power? HOW did he get elected?
Source: Orlando Sentinel
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is barely 4 years old, but cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. Erin was the recipient for the Doctors Who Rock "Truth in Journalism award for 2017. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, television appearances and more.
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Pregnant Women can pee on an Ikea ad for half price on cribs - January 16, 2018
- The unhealthiest state in America has the best vaccination rate: Offit’s Orwellian logic fails to connect the dots - January 16, 2018
- CVS bans photo manipulation for store beauty brands, will place alert label on others - January 16, 2018
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.