(Note from Erin: We are so fortunate that our recipe is now in Suzy Cohen’s new book!)
Now that summer is really here, I scream for raw “Ice Cream” even more than normal. And there is nothing Dr. Mercola and I like better than a good dessert (probably because we don’t indulge in them very often)! He likes his a bit earlier in the day, while I prefer mine as a midnight snack. Sometimes though we get into the same groove and have one in the early evening while watching a good movie.
He’s quite skilled at preparing our meals but the dessert department is my specialty. I love to get out the Omega Juicer, put in the blank attachment and feel like I’ve got my own little soft serve ice cream parlor going on.
And the best part about this recipe? It’s dairy-free and has no added sugar! Enjoy!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen cherries (no pits!)
- 1 teaspoon of organic raw vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of homemade raw organic almond milk (optional!)
- teaspoon max of organic cinnamon
- In a blender, Vitamix or food processor blend your frozen bananas with the vanilla extract, cherries, and almond milk (optional), then put it in a bowl and sprinkle on cinnamon.
- OR if you prefer and have a juicer with a “blank attachment” (how we do it) put your vanilla, frozen bananas and cherries through the juicer (with blank attachment it will come out like soft serve) then sprinkle on cinnamon and splash a dab of raw organic almond milk on it (We love this way but blender might be quicker/easier.)
Have fun and enjoy your creation. And don’t be afraid to think of different fruits or flavors for next time!