This quick and easy coconut ice cream is as simple as open, pour, stir, blend, chill, churn and devour. As long as you can use a can opener, you can be chowing down on fresh vegan coconut ice cream in a matter of hours. Perfect for those of you who have written to me bemoaning the fact that you will never crack open a coconut! The only trouble with this ice cream is learning how to stop at one scoop! It is absolutely delicious.
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
1. Chill the coconut milk cans in the fridge overnight.
2. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Run the mixture through an ice cream machine as per instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, place in the freezer in a large container and freeze until firm (approximately 4 hours), removing every hour to whisk with a fork.
Enjoy- please let us know if you make it! (Check out this other recipe I found!)
*Article originally appeared at Expand Your Consciousness.