And just like that, the New York City Department of Health is at it again; yesterday, four more yeshivas were closed and three parents in Brooklyn were issued summonses because their children were exposed to measles but still not vaccinated as of an April 12th deadline.
- Rockland County NY health department goes door to door looking for unvaccinated – Media lies about MMR vaccine risk
The parents could face a $1,000 fine if the summons is upheld and a $2,000 fine if they don’t show up to court. (How is this actually happening in the United States of America?)
- United Talmudical Academy of Williamsburg-Yeshiva Torah V’Yirah
- UTA Beth Rachel School for Girls
- United Talmudical Academy
- and UTA Beth Rachel School for Girls
(The United Talmudical Academy pre-school which the city closed earlier this week, has been allowed to reopen.)
Since October, there have been 555 cases of measles and 359 have been in New York City, mostly in unvaccinated kids and many in the Jewish community. In decades, no one has died from a measles infection.