(Editor’s Note: Hey guys, it’s Aimee, Erin’s editor. I saw this recipe the other day and tried it. I’ve been eating it for breakfast for the last 3 days and it’s AMAZING! Enjoy!)Tired of the same old breakfast? Is your bowl of traditional oatmeal or slice of gluten-free toast not hacking it these days?
Tired of the same old breakfast? Is your bowl of traditional oatmeal or slice of gluten-free toast not hacking it these days?
This Raspberry Almond Butter Oats recipe is the healthier alternative to oats for breakfast. The chia seeds and coconut create an oatmeal-like texture to make a healthy breakfast that will help you power through the day.
This breakfast is anti-inflammatory, contains “good” fats (omega 3s) and can help lower your blood sugar level. The fiber and protein are especially beneficial for keeping us full and satisfied, just as breakfast should.
- Coconut milk is full of saturated fats that lower your cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Coconut milk is free of dairy, lactose, soy and grains which is perfect for anyone with allergies or discomforts relating to these ingredients.
- The fatty acids in coconut milk help increase our energy, which can help us burn more calories throughout the day. They also prevent you from overeating by allowing you to feel full. This in turn aids with weight loss.
- The fatty acids, magnesium and potassium in coconut milk can help repair broken down tissue after a hard workout.
- Chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet because of their fiber, protein, omega 3 and micronutrient contents,
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants which help protect our body from free radicals (toxins).
- Almost every carbohydrate in chia seeds are fiber which helps us lose weight, feel full and be satisfied for long periods of times
- Chia seeds contain a higher amount of protein than other plant foods. Protein can also help us lose weight by curbing hunger.
- Chia seeds are high in the “good fat” (omega-3 fatty acids) that our bodies need.
- With all of these health benefits studies have shown that chia seeds can help lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
With these fat-burning ingredients you will see your waist line shrink before your eyes. Moreover, you will feel more energized in the morning, something all of us want. Not to mention the anti-inflammatory benefits and antioxidants that this recipe is packed with.
This Raspberry Almond Butter Oats recipe will have you getting up twice as fast in the morning just so you can enjoy a savoury bite.
Raspberry Almond Butter Oats
Serves: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 3+ hours
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, cashew milk, chia seeds, coconut flakes, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and let sit a couple of minutes to set up just a bit.
- In 2-3 small jars, layer the coconut-chia mixture, almond butter, and raspberries to fill the jars.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Enjoy for a quick and nutritious breakfast!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Watch How To Make It Below!
*Article originally appeared at Healthy Holistic Living.