Kenley Ratliff, a sweet and full of life 2 year old from Indiana, died on Saturday after running a high fever that lasted for a week. Her family and doctors believe she died from a tick-borne disease. In fact, they had been treating her for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. She had a brain infection, swollen hand, and rashes all over her body. 1
- Experts: Increases in Tick-Borne Powassan Virus this Summer
- Scientist discover a tick bite can make you allergic to red meat
If she was bitten by a tick, the family is not sure where it may have happened. They are awaiting her autopsy.
A family friend said,
“Kenley was admitted to the hospital Tuesday after her high fever didn’t break. She was given an antibiotic and placed on a breathing tube while doctors tried to diagnose her, Kirby says.” 1
Before she was admitted to the hospital, Kenley was taken to the emergency room twice for strep throat, then released.
Kenley’s mother is desperate to remind people to always check for ticks.
Our heart goes out to her grieving family.
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is barely 4 years old, but cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. Erin was the recipient for the Doctors Who Rock "Truth in Journalism award for 2017. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, television appearances and more.
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- Fluoride Literally Turns the Pineal Gland to Stone, Research Suggests - March 17, 2018
- Knowingly and secretly deciding to put the buying public at risk - March 16, 2018
- New Yorker left BEDRIDDEN for almost a decade and sick all of her adult life after being poisoned by toxic mold in her apartment basement - March 16, 2018
Sources and References
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.