According to a new Danish study, ONE in three women with breast cancer- detected by a mammogram- is treated unnecessarily because screening tests found tumors that are so slow-growing they’re essentially harmless. As you can imagine, this study has reignited the debate about the value of mammograms in early detection.
“The American College of Radiology, which strongly supports breast cancer screenings, acknowledges that mammograms lead some women to be treated unnecessarily, but said the problem is much less common than the new study suggests.Another study from Denmark — whose national health program keeps detailed records — estimated the overdiagnosis rates at only 2.3 percent.”
- The American College of Radiology recommends annual mammograms beginning at age 40 (even though mammograms notoriously diagnose false positives in women under 40).
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that women get mammograms every other year beginning at age 50, especially given that breast cancer risk rises with age.
- The American Cancer Society recommends annual mammograms from the ages of 45 to 54, followed by screenings every other year after that.
If even THEY can’t agree, why should we trust them so blindly? I know I don’t. Do you? What if there was a safer way? Have you heard about thermography? Here are some articles you might find helpful as you make a decision:
Erin Elizabeth is a long time activist with a passion for the healing arts, working in that arena for a quarter century. Her site HealthNutNews.com is less than 2 years old but has already cracked the top 20 Natural Health sites worldwide. She is an author, public speaker, and has recently done some TV and film programs for some of her original work which have attracted international media coverage. You can get Erin’s free e-book here and also watch a short documentary on how she overcame vaccine injuries, Lyme disease, significant weight gain, and more. Follow Erin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
P.S. You can subscribe to her Youtube Channel for breaking news, free blenders, giveaways and more
Latest posts by Erin Elizabeth (see all)
- A New Generation of Water Pollutants in our Medicine Cabinets - April 26, 2017
- Solar-Powered Device Makes Water Out of Desert Air - April 26, 2017
- Mystic Says Nuclear War Coming May 2017 - April 26, 2017
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.